Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Thursday, October 16, 2014 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (CDT)
Sound Specialists Inc
1661 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
Sound Specialists will be hosting two AIA continuing education courses at our Showroom. Each class will be approximately one hour with an hour break in between. During the break complimentary refreshments will be provided. The classes are free, but seating is limited. Please RSVP. The first class (starting at 1:30 PM) will be “Controlling LEDs to Meet Customer Expectations” – presented by Sean Cadley from Lutron.
- Describe the features and benefits of LEDs as a general illumination light source, and the applications that are best suited to LEDs
- Explain the components of an LED system and how each of these components must be compatible with one another to ensure efficient, effective, and reliable operation
- Compare existing control types and standards to identify the differences between power line, 3 wire, and low voltage control (analog and digital)
- Recognize LED drivers as a critical component in LED lighting systems and identify their important characteristics
The second class (starting at 3:30 PM) will be “Designing to Disguise: The Art of Hiding Technology” – presented by John Brisk, CEDIA Registered Outreach Instructor.
- Review various residential systems and technologies and the unique approaches that can be used in the concealment process.
- Discuss how advance planning, design philosophy, and product selection affect the proper functionality of the installed products without compromising design integrity and aesthetics.
- Discuss methods and strategies for hiding technology in safe, convenient, and secure methods.
- Analyze technology implementation planning process.
Seating is limited, please RSVP with number of attendees and whether you will be staying for both classes.