Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Thursday, November 6, 2014 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (CST)
1661 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60642
Sound Specialists will be hosting two AIA ASID/IDCEC continuing education courses at our Showroom. Each class will be approximately one hour with an hour break in between. During the break complimentary refreshments will be provided along with demonstrations of various interior technologies.
The classes are free, but seating is limited. Please RSVP.
The first class (starting at 1:30 PM) will be “The Lighting Renaissance II” – an advanced overview of Lighting Control systems presented by Sean Cadley from Lutron.
- Explain dimming technology: lighting loads, configurations, ganging and derating
- Recognize the differences between single zone, single room, and whole home lighting control strategies
- Demonstrate when to use a localized, centralized, or optimized whole home lighting control system
- Describe how effective daylight management plays an integral role in a total home control system to increase occupant comfort and save energy
The second class (starting at 3:30 PM) will be “Wiring Requirements to Support Electronic Systems” – Supporting the multitude of technologies found in today’s connected homes requires planning, specialized installation, and a solid infrastructure in place presented by John Brisk, CEDIA Registered Outreach Instructor
- Outline today’s consumer technology needs and expectations
- Define the technology offerings that can be incorporated in the home
- Identify the main components of a structured wiring system and the unique characteristics of:
- Head end equipment
- Types of wire needed to support the technology
- Digital conversion and its impact on home networks and cable and bandwidth requirements
- Wired and wireless technology
- Convenience outlets
- Recognize the importance of proper design and documentation
- Recognize the essential timeline for engaging an electronic systems professional in the design and build process
Seating is limited, please RSVP with number of attendees and whether you will be staying for both classes
Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before the class start time.